Perseverance is the ability to continue working towards a goal despite obstacles, setbacks, or failures. It is a key trait for success in CrossFit and in life.
Here are a few tips for developing perseverance while training towards a goal.
- Set specific and achievable goals for yourself and break them down into smaller steps to make them more manageable.
- Celebrate small wins and progress along the way, as this can help keep you motivated and focused.
- Don’t be afraid to seek help or support when you need it. This could be from your coaches, friends, or family.
- Learn from your mistakes and setbacks and use them as opportunities to learn and improve.
- Focus on the progress you have made, rather than dwelling on setbacks or failures.
Remember that the best results come from people who extend their time horizon to achieve their goals. You will get far better results simply by training consistently over a long period of time and doing the basics.
Intensity will not produce results unless it is applied for an extended period of time.
If you need support with your training, get yourself a Mentor to guide you through the next couple of months of training.